Grant Writer/Project ManagerCompany: VentureWell
Date Posted: June 6, 2017
VentureWell is on a mission to cultivate a pipeline of inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges and to create lasting impact. We foster collaboration among the best minds from research labs, classrooms, and beyond to advance innovation and entrepreneurship education and to provide unique opportunities for STEM students and researchers to fully realize their potential to improve the world.
Since our founding in 1995, we’ve funded and trained over 1,300 teams of science and technology inventors and innovators, and nurtured thousands of their startups reaching millions of people in over 50 countries with ground-breaking technological advancements in fields such as biomedicine and healthcare, sustainable energy and materials, and solutions for low-resource settings.
This individual will work collaboratively – with development colleagues, with senior leadership, and with others in the organization as needed – to lead and contribute to the creation of competitive grant proposals as well as other materials such as reports and concept notes. Our Writer/Project Manager will be expected to work independently in a fast paced and fluid environment.
- Work closely with colleagues to plan, draft, revise, and finalize federal and foundation grant proposals, managing the process and ushering projects from idea to completion;
- Contribute to the planning, writing and editing of reports, concept notes, white papers, and other materials as needed
- Contribute to the development of project/proposal ideas and strategy, creatively and constructively
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned to support the department’s and organization’s needs
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills
- Team-oriented, ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Proven track record in developing grant proposals and experience writing for a variety of audiences; familiarity with federal proposal requirements preferred
- Quick learner; able to understand new information quickly; effective researcher; proactive and resourceful
- Strong project management/time management skills and ability to meet deadlines; ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks and projects;
- Flexibility and adaptability in responding to changing priorities and new demands; ability to work effectively under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Mature judgment, discretion and professionalism
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Tech savvy - including Apple, Google, and Microsoft Office systems and applications; ability to learn and use new tools (such as Salesforce, grant portals, etc.) as needed
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to