Advancement AssistantCompany: Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center
Date Posted: August 8, 2017
Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center Advancement Assistant
This is a full-time/non-exempt position that assists with all aspects of the Mahaiwe’s Advancement program.
- Donor Database management in PatronManager, including gift entry, generation of custom management reports, mailing lists, contact management, correspondence systems, and routine maintenance.
- Communications, including composing letters-and emails to members, execution of complex appeal mailings, email blasts, information packets, etc.
- Coordination of grant proposals, for foundation grants and corporate sponsors
- Staffing at events, including assisting patrons with Membership or other development questions at Mahaiwe shows and special events
- Research, of both institutional and individual donors and prospects, and preparation of research profiles
- Other duties within the department as assigned; occasional assistance in other departments may be required
- Previous experience with database software programs
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Highly detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects in various stages
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Able to interact with the public graciously and with good judgment
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality with donor information
- Team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Copy-editing skills
- Passion for the arts and desire to pursue a career in arts management
Additional Desirable Experience:
- PatronManager database or related database software
- Emma or related email software
The position reports to the Director of Advancement and works with the part-time Development Coordinator. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to HR@mahaiwe.org.