Campaign CoordinatorCompany: Safe Passage
Date Posted: October 25, 2017
Campaign Coordinator (Full-time, Temporary)
Safe Passage is dedicated to creating a world free of domestic violence and relationship abuse.
We support survivors and their families.
We engage our community.
We advocate for systemic change.
Safe Passage provides individualized support to address survivors’ holistic needs for safety and healing in the aftermath of domestic violence and relationship abuse. Programs include emergency shelter, trauma-informed counseling and support groups for survivors, families and children, community engagement and prevention, and individual and system advocacy.
Expectations of all employees
In the performance of essential and general job responsibilities, all Safe Passage employees are expected to:
- Demonstrate commitment to Safe Passage’s mission and principles of diversity and inclusion
- Represent Safe Passage in a professional and competent manner to clients, organizational partners, and other stakeholders
- Perform quality work within deadlines
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments while contributing to a positive working environment for staff and volunteers
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Campaign Coordinator provides administrative support to the Executive Director and the development department, and provides project management for a Campaign Committee composed of staff, board members, and volunteers.
Reports to: Director of Development
Campaign Committee Duties:
- Assist with development and maintenance of major donor and prospect portfolios
- Maintain documentation of donor contacts, meetings, and follow-up; Document pertinent background information related to donors and potential donors
- Responsible for donor meeting preparation, to include donor research
- Communicate with donors, prospects and funders
- Develop written donor communications
- Prepare and track post-meeting reports, follow-up action items, and correspondence
- Support Campaign Committee by generating and distributing meeting agendas and minutes
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to ensure efficient functioning of executive duties
- Coordinate Executive Director’s schedule with external and internal stakeholders
- Coordinate Executive Director’s calendar and schedule appointments
- Prepare pre and post meeting materials for Executive Director and Development staff
- Track deadlines, reporting requirements, budget needs, and other documentation for agency grants and contracts
- Draft communications on behalf of the Executive Director and Development department
- Where appropriate, serve as the point of contact for Board and Staff to answer questions, provide essential information and resolve issues
- Other administrative and development duties as assigned
- Commitment to equality and social justice
- Experience working in a diverse, multicultural workforce
- Experience providing administrative support in an office environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other staff
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skill, attention to detail, judgment, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated competency with computer applications including Google Drive, Microsoft Office Suite, and databases.
- Ability to represent Safe Passage in a professional and exceptional manner
- Demonstrated history of a cooperative and assertive communication style in communicating with supervisors, colleagues and constituents
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in development and/or fundraising events management
- Familiarity and aptitude with donor databases
- Knowledge of domestic and sexual violence
- Bilingual skills (Spanish and English) are a plus
35 hours per week, generally M-F, 9-5. Occasional evening and weekend commitments will be required.
Classification, Benefits, and Compensation: This is a full-time, non-exempt, temporary position beginning in December 2017/January 2018 and lasting a minimum of 12 months. Benefits are consistent with relevant state and federal laws and Safe Passage personnel policies which include full benefits for temporary employees when hired for a 12 month period. The salary range is $41,000-$45,000, dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line of “Development & Special Events Coordinator.” The deadline for applications is November 20, 2017.
For more information about Safe Passage and domestic violence, visit our website at www.safepass.org.
Safe Passage works on a daily basis to earn its position as a justice-centered employer of choice in Western MA. Toward this goal, Safe Passage is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong organizational commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity, and inclusion among staff.