Development OfficerCompany: Yiddish Book Center
Date Posted: November 10, 2017
The Yiddish Book Center seeks a Development Officer to join this dynamic cultural organization and help grow its fundraising program. Now in its 37th year, the Center, located in Amherst, MA, has launched a $50 million comprehensive campaign to safeguard its collections, improve access to Yiddish literature (both in Yiddish and in translation), advance its innovative educational programs, and build an endowment commensurate with our vision.
This position will report to the Director of Institutional Advancement, and will have regular interaction with members and donors to further the individual giving program and overall fundraising efforts.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of donors and members
- Collaborate with the Director of Institutional Advancement to meet mutually agreed upon activity, travel, and ambitious fundraising goals
- Establish personal relationships with members, donors, identifying their interests and matching them with the Yiddish Book Center’s programs and activities
- Maintain strong relationships with Center program and development staff to understand programs and anticipate funding needs
- Design, plan and implement development events
- A minimum of 2 years of fundraising or related experience
- Ability to travel frequently
- Superior writing, technology and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Sense of humor, entrepreneurial spirit, and flexibility
- Appreciation and ability to articulate the Yiddish Book Center’s mission, values and goals
- B.A. required
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and put “Development Search” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
For more information about the Yiddish Book Center visit: http://www.yiddishbookcenter.org.