Director of Development
Date Posted: March 28, 2018
The Columbia Land Conservancy (CLC) located in Chatham, NY, works with the community to conserve the farmland, forests, wildlife habitat, and rural character of Columbia County, strengthening connections between people and the land. This dynamic and nationally recognized organization is looking for a Director of Development to lead its multi-faceted fundraising program, with a focus on major/planned giving. The position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for creating and executing strategies for major/planned gifts, annual giving, donor stewardship and recognition, fundraising events, and special campaign initiatives.
The ideal candidate is self-directed, goal oriented, has exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, enjoys working independently and is eager to be a part of a committed, collaborative team.
Additional requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college with minimum of five years of progressively responsible fundraising experience;
• Proven success in securing major gifts at the $10,000+ level;
• Supervisory experience (manages a staff of one)
• PC proficiency (Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database, Word, and Excel);
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with good humor and poise;
• Periodic evening and weekend work;
• Commitment to land conservation and the values and philosophy of CLC.
CLC offers a competitive salary ($70,000 - $90,000) and benefits for this leadership position. The full job description is available at: http://clctrust.org/about/employment.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume as a single pdf document, with “CLC Development Director” in the subject line, no later than April 30, 2018 to:
Deborah Guthrie, President
Guthrie & Associates
Philanthropy Consulting Services