Associate Director of Donor EngagementCompany: United Way of Hampshire County
Date Posted: April 27, 2018
Part-Time (25 hours per week) + Benefits
Are you a development professional with a passion for social change? Do you want to build a community where all families have access to opportunity, including generations to come?
If so, join our United Way of Hampshire County (UWHC) team. We focus on cross-sector community partnering and collaboration to create long-term solutions to our communities’ most pressing needs in the areas of Health & Safety, Economic Security, and Children, Youth & their Families.
Under supervision of the Executive Director, this position builds, supports, and advances high-quality, year-round relationships Leaders’ Circle members (donors who give $1,000 or more), to attract and sustain resources (financial, volunteer, and advocacy) to support United Way of Hampshire County’s strategic direction and community impact initiatives. The Associate Director of Donor Engagement supervises the Development Coordinator.
Who you are:
- A Relationship-builder: You demonstrate a strong ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse groups and focus on superior donor engagement and customer service.
- Results-driven: You’re driven to meet and exceed fundraising goals. You strategize, develop action plans, and go above and beyond. You are relentless in the pursuit of creating thoughtful opportunities to engage people in the community work that we do.
- Action-oriented: You’re not satisfied with the status quo. You’re constantly thinking about how to optimize your work and increase our fundraising capability. You’re adept at knowing how to prioritize tasks and your time most effectively to achieve goals.
- Flexible and Collaborative: You’re able and willing to shift focus of your work at a moment’s notice with emerging needs. And you will be okay with a degree of the unknown in our business. You leverage your talents and expertise to collaboratively find solutions to challenges.
- Passionate: You’re mission aligned and bring joy to your work and the organization, knowing your work supports a mission of helping all of Hampshire County’s families thrive
Donor Relationship Management
- Oversee acknowledgment process for all donors (4,000 annually) including writing letters, creating copy for acknowledgment vehicles, and preparing information for personal thanks from the Executive Director (ED) and Board.
- Create briefing reports for donor meeting for ED and Board as needed.
- Personal outreach to Leader Circle donors including meetings, visits, events, etc.
- Develop and execute year-round engagement and retention plans for high-priority segments of donors (e.g., Leaders’ Circle) with goals of helping donors achieve their lifetime philanthropic aspirations, building donor loyalty through personalized engagement, increasing average gift, and increasing involvement in giving, advocating, and volunteering with UWHC.
- In conjunction with the ED and Director of Marketing & Resource Development, create strategies to engage and manage donors by affinity group(s).
- Achieve annual and multi-year revenue and donor engagement goals.
- Data Management, Analytics, and Research
- In collaboration with Development Coordinator, utilize research and data, develop and execute plan to increase leadership giving ($1000+) and affinity group membership.
- Manage donor data efficiently and accurately such as inputting donor visit notes, updating annual leadership donor roster names and contact information, resolving conflicting data and information, producing ongoing donor and prospect research, and recording donor communications as well as contact, biographical, and preference information in donor database.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Resource Development to ensure messaging and brand usage conform UWHC and United Way Worldwide brand and messaging standards.
- Comply with UWHC policies and procedures.
- Provide superior service that exceeds the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Volunteer and actively participate in projects, special events, cross-functional teams or workgroups that support the work of the entire organization.
- Other fundraising and donor engagement duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years relevant experience (fundraising, donor relations, account management, marketing/communications).
- Customer-focused, and strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and to interact effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Comfortable public speaker and able to represent UWHC to large and small groups.
- Data-driven, innovative, and results-oriented.
- Robust experience analyzing data and using it to identify gaps and develop strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in a relationship management or donor relations role.
- Volunteer management experience strongly desired.
- Must be a self-starter and team player, with a positive outlook and ability to manage ambiguity and change, proficient in identifying solutions, and opportunities.
- Understanding of individual fundraising best practices (such as constituent relationship management and moves management) desirable.
- Strong organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, exercise discretion, and the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (especially Word, Excel and Outlook). CRM donor database software experience desirable.
- Valid driver’s license, verifiable auto insurance, and use of a personal vehicle required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Why choose United Way of Hampshire County?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time, and creating community level change that benefits everybody. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
We have a staff of 6 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous vacation and holiday pay and paid sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Hampshire County offers:
- Convenient downtown location with free parking
- Professional development
- A great team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
Apply by May 20, 2018. Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using the subject line, “Application for Associate Director of Donor Engagement.” For a complete job description and to learn more about United Way of Hampshire County, go to www.uwhampshire/career-opportunties
- The United Way of Hampshire County is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as required by applicable law.