WGBY Executive Assistant to GM and Major GiftsCompany: WGBY - TV Springfield
Date Posted: May 15, 2017
Executive Assistant to the General Manager and Major Gifts – Full Time position
The Executive Assistant to the General Manager and Major Gifts assists in the development and cultivation of personal relationships with current and potential donors, Board Relations, regional constituents and national organizations. Duties also include the day to day administration of the General Manager and Major Gift Offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for the General Manager as assigned including coordinate and organize business and social functions relating to the General Manager.
- Collaborate with Major Gifts to schedule high-priority major donor meetings with the General Manager and Director of Major Gifts.
- Responsible for the creation of various correspondences, reports, bulletins, and publicity releases assigned by the General Manager.
- Coordinates set-up and notification of all meetings for the General Manager, WGBY Board of Tribune and Major Gifts Committee.
- Serves as clerk for the WGBY Board of Tribunes. Records and transcribes minutes of meetings and maintains files.
- Utilize data-mining tools to discover prospects and important background information. Provide donor research, in collaboration with others, of major donors and prospects.
- Oversight of major giving department database needs, primarily:
- Preparing all donations for deposit; ensuring the timely accurate entry of all gifts in database;
- Implementation and maintenance of reports, outputs and queries;
- Tracking of gift intent and financial reporting;
- Assisting in departments move management reporting activities;
- Create and maintain planned giving intentions, gift entry and reporting;
- Work closely with WGBY membership and WGBH on database procedures and issues.
- Responsible for the creation of correspondences for acknowledgments, installments, renewals and other mailings for Major Giving office including the mid-level fundraising program.
- Assist in writing formal proposals for support to individuals, philanthropists, foundations and corporations.
- Stay informed on station activities and cooperate with all departments.
- Participates in station events as assigned.
- Communicates in a way that is free from discrimination, intolerance or harassment when interacting with co-workers, colleagues and clients.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 3 years of administrative office work with strong attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience in fundraising of non-profits preferably knowledge of major donor fundraising.
- Must be able to identify work and prioritize its execution, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have fundraising database experience. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Have ability to analyze and resolve any office administration and procedural issues; often handling confidential and sensitive material.
- Valid driver’s license and access to transportation.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
44 Hampden Street
Springfield, MA 01103