Director of Development & FundraisingCompany: Northampton Community Arts Trust
Date Posted: April 16, 2018
Director of Development and Fundraising – Job Description
The mission of the Northampton Community Arts Trust is to protect and ensure the long-term vitality of the Northampton community through the acquisition and preservation of affordable and accessible space for creative work.
Using the Land Trust model, the Arts Trust preserves an essential element of a thriving community and serves as a template for others seeking to sustain creative vitality through the arts.
The Northampton Community Arts Trust is in the process of renovating 33 Hawley Street, a 25,000 square foot former lumberyard in downtown Northampton, into an energy efficient, multi-use community arts facility. This is a multi-million dollar project.
The Northampton Community Arts Trust is seeking a Development Director for its capital campaign for the renovation of 33 Hawley Street and to help develop fundraising strategies for the future. Currently, approximately 25% of 33 Hawley Street is open and occupied, an additional 25% is slated to open in September, 2018, and about half the necessary funds have been raised. The successful candidate for this position will spearhead the fundraising needed to bring this vibrant new community arts facility to completion and full occupancy. This newly created position will provide an opportunity to build a strong organizational and development team for the current project and future projects. If you have a solid background in nonprofit fundraising and development and believe that arts and culture are an essential component of a vibrant community, we encourage you to apply! This is a 25 hour per week position.
Work with the fundraising committee of the Arts Trust Board of Directors to conduct and expand the current capital campaign for 33 Hawley Street including development of a plan and timeline for a public campaign.
- Identify new sources of local, regional and national funding.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Manage and oversee the Arts Trust’s donor and organizational data base.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors including creation of a base of annual individual donors.
- BA (required), MA (a plus).
- Five-plus years’ experience in development and/or fundraising.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Grant writing experience.
- Familiarity with online data base programs.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications
Email cover letter and resume by May 10 to: Richard Wagner, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Northampton Community Arts Trust, PO Box 366, Northampton, MA 01061