Director of DevelopmentCompany: Montessori School of Northampton
Date Posted: May 31, 2018
Director of Development – Montessori School of Northampton
The Montessori School of Northampton has been educating children since 1976. Our program serves over 120 children from 18 months old to 8th grade students. Our families come from three counties (Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin) and from over fifteen towns throughout the Pioneer Valley. The Montessori School of Northampton is firmly rooted in Maria Montessori's philosophy as it applies to today's world.
The Montessori School of Northampton seeks a dynamic, results-driven fundraising professional to serve as the Director of Development in this 12-month, part-time position. The Director of Development will effectively manage development programs including the Annual Fund and the annual school auction/fundraiser, foster positive donor relations through community events and outreach, maintain and utilize a development database, and be part of a team to strategize and execute major fundraising campaigns beyond the scope of annual initiatives.
The Director of Development's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all aspects of the development plan (annual fund, annual fundraiser, major gifts, foundations, stewardship).
- Serving as a major gifts officer, engaging with and supporting the Head of School
- Expanding the school’s fundraising capacity
- Establishing development systems that will facilitate Montessori School of Northampton’s ongoing growth, including the funding and development of initiatives to support the school’s commitment to diversity and social justice.
A successful candidate must possess
- a Bachelor’s degree,
- experience and a proven record of successful gift solicitation,
- experience in strategic planning and growing the donor base of an organization,
- experience implementing fundraising plans and cultivating relationships for all funding streams including individuals, foundations, and corporations,
- experience effectively monitoring, measuring and communicating results,
- highly-developed communication skills-both written and spoken, superior interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills, strong work ethic, high energy, flexibility, warmth and sense of humor,
- ability to collaborate not only with fellow staff members but parent volunteers and board members,
- ability to motivate and organize volunteers for community and advancement work.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references via email or conventional mail to: Mark Dansereau, Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org or at: Montessori School of Northampton, 51 Bates Street, Northampton MA 01060.